Its an easiest and quickly made breakfast. I used Brown Bread as its a healthy option. Milk / Sandwich breads can also be used. Instead of red chilli powder, chopped green chillies can be used. Garnishing with chopped coriander leaves (optional).
Bread Slices - 8 nos
Salt to taste
Onion chopped - 2 tbsp
Oil - 3 tsp
Turmeric Powder - less than 1/4 tsp
Hing powder (Asafoetida) - 1 pinch
Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
Ginger (chopped) - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder to taste
- In a mixer, put the bread slices and crumble it finely.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add Hing powder, then mustard seeds.
- After mustard seeds splutter, add curry leaves, turmeric powder, Red chilli powder, Chopped ginger, Onion and saute well.
- Putt off the flame. Add salt and then the finely crumbled bread.
- Mix well. Tasty Bread upmaa is ready!