This is a low calorie recipe as only little oil is used. Its advisable to use a non-stick pan for any roasting purposes as it will also help you consume little oil. Always keep the flame very low. Small regular brinjal can also be roasted in the same method.
Serves : 2
You will need :-
- Big Bartha Brinjal - 1
- Salt to taste
- Rice Flour - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder to taste
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Non-stick pan and a suitable lid
- Cut Brinjal into roundels
- In a thali, put the rice flour, Turmeric Powder, red chilli powder, Salt and mix well.
- Take each piece, rub them in the flour mixture and keep them aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan, arrange the pieces and apply oil in drops around them.
- Keep the pan covered. Till it is cooked to tender and the side touching the pan is roasted.
- Flip and again, apply oil in drops around it, cover and cook till the other side is also done.