Barley helps in weight loss but as it generates body heat, it is advisable to have it only twice or thrice a week. My friend gave me the recipe for this Barley Dosai and it came out very well.
- Barley - 2 tea cups
- Urad - 1/2 tea cup
- Methi seeds - 1 tsp
- salt to taste
- Soak Barley, Urad and methi seeds together for 5 to 6 hrs.
- Grind to nice paste. The batter will only give a coarse texture, but if you touch it, will be smooth & soft.
- Mix in required salt and let it ferment till it rise.
- Heat a Dosa Tawa, grease it
- Pour a laddle of batter and spread it
- apply few drops of oil on the sides
- cook it on low flame so that you get a crispy dosa of right colour
- When one side is done (golden brown), flip it and cook till the other side is also done
- Serve hot with chutney/sambar