Beetroot is rich in iron and can be taken in various forms. Here I am sharing a Variety Rice using beetroot.
- Beetroot grated - 1 cup
- cooked Rice - 1cup
- small Onion - 7 nos.
- Green chillies - 2 nos
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard - 1/4 tsp
- salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - less than 1/4 tsp
- Wash, clean and grate beetroot.
- Peel and wash small onions. Crush them or grind in a mixer coarsely.
- Finely chop green chillies, coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a wok, add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add crushed small onions, green chillies and saute for 1 minute
- Add grated beetroot, turmeric powder and salt and cook till it is done.
- Remove from flame and add cooked rice and finely chopped coriander leaves, mix well.
- Yummy and colourful healthy beetroot rice is ready