This rasam will be really helpful when you don't have time to boil or soak tamarind or cook dhal. Hence it is a very simple, quick and delicious recipe.
- Tomatoes - 4 Nos.
- Rasam Powder - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 2 pinch
- Asafoetida powder (Hing) - 1 pinch
- Jaggery - a small piece
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
- Ghee for tempering - 1 tbsp
- Mustar seeds - 1 tsp
- Green chilli - 1 no. cut into two pieces (optional)
- Grind tomatoes into a puree in a mixer. Transfer it to a vessel.
- Add Rasam powder, Turemeric Powder, Hing Powder, Jaggery, Curry leaves, Green Chilli and salt.
- Boil till the raw smell goes. Put off the flame.
- Heat ghee and add mustard seeds, let it splutter.
- Add this tempering to the rasam.
- Garnish finally with finely chopped coriander leaves
- Yummy & easy toungue tickler is ready to be served with white rice.