Carrot is a common & popular vegetable which is available in all seasons. Those who are trying to lose weight can start their meal with a bowl of healthy soup made using par boiled vegetables (to retain the nutrients)
- Carrots are rich in Vitamin A, K, C and potassium.
- It can be eaten raw as well as in cooked form.
- The beta carotene (an antioxidant) helps prevent cell damage thus slowing down the aging process.
- When chewed raw, it helps the mouth to produce more salaiva and in the process cleans the teeth
- Helps detoxification
- Studies say the soluble fiber in it helps in lowering blood cholestrol levels
- Carrot - 2 Nos.
- Tomato - 1 No. (Small) (optional)
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp or as preferred
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash, clean and Dice the carrots and tomato (tomato gives you light tangy taste which will make your soup more interesting)
- Boil water and put the veggies into it
- Parboil it, allow to cool
- Grind to a smooth paste in a mixer by adding the water in which it is boiled.
- Transfer to a vessel, add pepper powder, salt, sugar, mix well
- Bring to boil
- Hot cup of delicious healthy carrot soup is ready
To bring in a slight flavour, you can add chopped coriander leaves before the final boiling process.