Inspired by the works of Sonia (Cards, crafts & kids projects) I tried my hands on a different type of greeting card.
I have made some during my school days but they were simple ones with my paintings, cut into different shapes landed into the hands of near & dear ones on special occasions.
This one I made and gifted my dear Mr. M and he loved it a lot.
This is how I made it
- marked a 20 (height) x 40 cm (widhth) and cut the chart.
- folded it in the middle to get equal portions on both sides
- drew a window and cut that using a paper cutter
- Placed this cut card (front portion) in the chart and drew along the lines in & out of window to make a frame
- using design craft punch, made & collected flower and leaf motifs and made some flowers
- cut some thin 23" strips from the chart to make the criss cross patterned grills on the window
attached the strips to the window by marking the points. and placed the frame above over it so that it will hide the ends of the strips and give a neat finish.
Drew two hearts like this to make the pop-up heart and cut along the lines.
stuck the centre portions of two hearts together and the last layers to each side of the card. Cut the alphabet at the start of our name and stuck it to the empty space in the centre of the heart.
decorated the front window with floral bunch