Sharing with you another fun project using pista nut shells.
I had some pista shells collected years back. I have the habit of collecting things so that I can use them for my craft work. So a mini junkbox also travelled with me wherever I went. Finally the pista shells bloomed into a Lotus Flower yesterday.
- Pista shells
- Craft Glue
- Craft clay
- Cardboard piece
- Acrylic colours
- Glitter glue (optonal)
- Draw a circle on a piece of cardboard (I used the pizza box) and cut along the line. You will get a disc.
- Now take some clay, mould it into a ball, flatten it and glue it to the carboard
- Now first place 3 shells in the centre (to form the bud) applying the craft glue & press it.
- Sourrounding that form another line of partially opened petals.
- slowly bring in the blooming action by adjusting the pista shells to form the sourrounding petals.
- You may require 60nos. of pista shells for making this flower.
- Let it dry for sometime.
- Finally with the colour of your choice, bring the life into the flower.
- I gave a final touch to the petals with a matching glitter glue outline.
- This can me used as a show piece or as a paper weight or a fridgee or as a decorative piece in other forms of craft works.
This is how I made it :-