Presenting another Maharashtrian Recipe. This one I tasted during our trip to Goa. Then during a chat with one of my friend got the basic recipe from her. Tried it out and wow! it came out nicely.
Vegetables for this recipe :- Potato / Elephant Yam / Drumstick / Sprouted beans / green peas or mixed
I used potato, greenpeas and sprouted beans in this recipe
- Tamarind water - 1 & 1/2 cup
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Jaggery - 1 tbsp
- Vegetable of your choice - 1/4 cup
- Boiled toor dal - 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
for tempering :-
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Jeera - 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida powder - 2 pinch
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
to grind :-
- Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
- Green Chilli - 2 Nos
- Jeera to grind - 1/4 tsp
- Peppercorn - 2 tsp
- Coriander seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Heat oil in a kadai, pour ghee. Add hing powder and jeera. When jeera splutter, Add the curry leaves folllowed by tamarind water.
- Add vegetables, turmeric powder, Salt, Jaggery. Boil till vegetables are cooked.
- Mash the cooked dal and add to it
- Grind the ingridients given above adding water to a nice paste & add to it.
- Bring to boil when the foam forms on top remove from flame.
- Yummy amti is ready to be served with chapathi or plain rice