Sharing with you another interesting, simple and easy to cook recipe with you. What is so special & interesting about this?
- I used my 3 lit Pressure Cooker for making this. you can use even 2 or 2.5 litre PC. Cook on low flame only.
- No water used. No supervision. No stirring in between.
- Quick cooking process
- Using pressure cooker saves time, labour and energy.
- Cooking time is 4 minutes. Standing time for the pressure to come down before opening is 5 minutes. So within 9 minutes we can get absolutely delicious pumpkin curry.
- In this process,vegetable is let to cook in its own juice under pressure cooking.
- Absolutely a pleasure cooking experience.
- I got the idea of no water cooking in a Pressure cooker from a group called United By Food (UBF) in facebook where members test and post the recipes where I also participate with my recipes. Though we cook vegetables in their own juice in our daily cooking method, for me it happened over a wok (kadai). Using a pressure cooker for the recipe sounded good and interesting. After members tried and posted, i started making the experiment with my cooking and the outcome is remarkable!
|I have kept it for little longer time to make it easily chewable for my old FIL.|
- Pumpkin cubes - 1 cup (Pumpkin / Maththan / Manjal Poosani / Lal bhopla / Kadhdhu / kasi bhopla)
- Garlic Pods - 4 Nos
- Ginger - 1.5" piece
- Curry leaves - 5 Nos.
- Red chilli powder - as per your preference
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for tempering - 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Wash and peel the pumpkin. Dice into cubes.
- Crush with a single hit with a pestle or stone - garlic and ginger. Then with a knife you can easily chop them in seconds.
- Chop the curry leaves finely. (this is to infuse its flavour fully into the recipe and also helps the benefit of this wonder leaf reach the consumer )
- Heat the pressure cooker, add a tbsp of oil (I used coconut oil), add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- AFter they crackle, add a pinch of asafoetida powder, finely chopped ginger and garlic, curry leaves. mix.
- Add the pumpkin cubes, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder. mix
- Close the cooker and put the weight. Cook on low flame for 4 minutes
- Switch off, let it stand for 5 more minutes.
- Open and serve!