This flavourful fruit salad is also made for Ganapathy Homam but with certain fruits (Havan performed for Lord Ganesha). It goes well as an offering, dessert and a nice fruit salad. You may add the fruits of your choice with the basic apple, sweetlime, Banana, Ghee, Flattened rice, Lemon juice and few Lemon pieces.
- Apple - 1 No. (medium size)
- Guava - 1 No. (Small size)
- Banana - 2 Nos. (small elaichi variety)
- Sweet Lime - 4 Pods (Mosambi)
- Pear - 1 No.
- Pomegranate- 1No.
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Jaggery (shredded) - 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder - less than 1/4 tsp
- Coconut pieces - 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Flattened Rice (poha) - 2 tbsp
- Chop the fruits (apple, pear, banana, sweet lime) and put them in a bowl. Add the pomegranate pearls, Lemon juice, Ghee, Shredded Jaggery, Cardamom powder, Finely chopped coconut, Flattened Rice. You can add even finely chopped lemon pieces to it as they make it more interesting with their citrus flavour when chewed on. Otherwise you can even add lemon rinds along with lemon juice.
- Mix everything together.
- Let it rest for minimum 10 minutes, covered.
- Mix and serve.