This sugar based sweet chutney can be served with snacks viz., samosas, kothimbir vadi, methi vadi etc... and the most important street food of mumbai - the 'Vada Pav'
You will need :
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Water - 1 tbsp
- Deggi Mirch Powder - a pinch (or as per taste)
- Roasted cumin seed powder - a pinch
- Black salt - a pinch (or as per taste)
- Orange food color - less than 1/2 pinch measure
- Dissolve sugar in water and bring to boil. Add all other ingredients and boil till it thickens slightly.
- Cool and use
- You can adjust the seasoning as per your taste preference. For a change you may add a pinch of chat masala too.
- If you use deggi mirch or kashmiri mirch powder, the use of food color is optional.
I apply it on the pav for my vada pav along with green chutney and garlic chutney :-)
You may check the cookbook label on the right hand side or use search option for the vadapav, batata vada recipes.