I am giving you a low calorie version i.e. without butter healthy & delicious chutney sandwich.
- Whole Wheat Bread
- Boiled potato slices
- Boiled beetroot slices
- Onion roundels
- capsicum slices
- Coriander leaves - 3 tbsp
- Pudina leaves (optional) - 1 tsp
- Garlic pods - 2 nos
- Ginger - 1" piece
- sugar - 1/4 tsp
- lemon juice - 1/4 tsp
- salt and green chilli to taste
- Chutney (putana) dhal - 1 tbsp
- Grind putana dhal, green chilli, ginger and garlic pods. then add chopped coriander leaves. add lemon juice, salt, sugar and little water and grind to smooth paste. transfer it to a bowl.
- Toasting is optional.
- In a pop-up toaster toast two slices of bread.
- Apply the chutney on one side of both the slices
- Arrange the potato, beetroot, onion and capsicum slices. cover with another bread slice
- Healthy, Aromatic, Delicious chutney sandwich is ready.
- You can apply butter to the breads and then toast them in a griller or in a manual sandwich toaster.
- Vary the ingridients with tomato, cucumber slices or par boiled spinach / carrot slices