- Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Ghee - 1 tbsp (optional)
- Italian mixed herb & spices - 2 tsp(available in the market)
- Water to knead the dough
- Kitchen towel
- Mix wheat flour, Italian spices & herbs (this comes with salt hence adust and add salt to dough accordingly), ghee (optional), and salt.
- Knead the wheat flour like you do for chapathis and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- If not using ghee, then add few drops of oil and apply all over the dough and then rest it for 30 minutes.
- Make small balls out of it.
- Flatten each ball on a board using a rollingpin. Spread it very thin with occassional dusting of wheat flour to prevent it from sticking to the board.
- Heat tawa, then turn the flame to medium.
- Fold the kitchen towel & keep it ready
- Cook the flattened thin chapathi. When it is partially cooked (to prevent it from sticking), keep pressing & rolling it with the kitchen towel till the side is crispy.When done, flip sides and cook.
- Keep on pressing all over the chapathi with the kitchen towel. Though it raises, gradually it will settle down and become paper thin.
- Home made fresh, thin, cripsy and healthy Italian Herbs Kakra is ready!!! :-)