A delicious looking, tasting dish with a touch of protein using cabbage and kabuli chana.
- Cabbage - 1 cup (finely shredded)
- Kabuli channa - 1/2 cup (soaked overnight)
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Grated coconut - 2 tbsp
- salt to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Green chilli- 1 or 2 nos. (coarsely ground or very finely chopped)
- Pressure cook kabuli channa adding salt.
- In a wok, add the grated coconut & roast it till it turns golden colour
- Transfer it to a plate or bowl
- Pour a tbsp of oil, add mustard seeds
- After they pops up, add the green chilli, shredded cabbage, turmeric powder, salt.
- Add a tbsp of water
- In a thali or a shallow plate, pour some water and keep it over the kadai covering the cabbage.
- This will help it cook in its juice and prevent it getting burnt
- Occassionally stir in between
- Once the cabbage is cooked, add the boiled channa (draining water) and the roasted coconut and mix well, let it cook for a minute.
- Delicious cabbage, channa subzi ready to relished with roti / rice