A traditional recipe for the potato lovers. A dry subzi goes well with sambar rice or curd rice.
- Potato - 4 medium
- Grated coconut - 4 tbsp
- Green chillies - 3 nos
- Ginger - 1/2" piece
- Salt to taste
- Oil for tempering
- Mustard seeds
- Urad whole
- Curry leaves
- Asafoetida powder - 1 pinch
- Pressure cook potatoes for 3 whistles. Cool and peel the skin. Gently mash it into rough medium pieces
- Dry grind the grated coconut, green chillies without water.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds. When it starts spluttering, add whole urad, curry leaves, hing powder.
- When urad turns golden brown, add the potato pieces and ground coconut masala, salt
- Cover and cook for two minutes by stirring in between.
- Yummy potato curry / Podimas ready
PS : You can also squeeze in few drops of lemon before serving which adds to the flavour & taste and make it more yummy.