In my soup series, making a post after a long time. Burnt garlic gives a nice aroma to any dish. Clear soups are light appetizers which will make you enjoy your full course of meal. If you are aiming for weightloss go for plain soups (without cornflour) or clear soups.
Broccoli is rich in Vitamin C, dietary fibre and has cancer fighting properties. Any vegetable for that matter needs to be only partially cooked to retain its complete nutrients.
How to select:- selecting a good vegetable / fruit always help you get the maximum nutrients because after it is cultivated it takes days to reach our hands which results in loss of nutrients. Here are few points that you should note while buying
- Should be dark green in colour
- No yellow flowers should be there
- florets should be thick (applies to cauliflower too)
- The stems should be strong & not tender (shows how fresh it is)
Ingredients :- (servings :2)
- Garlic pods - 2 nos
- Broccoli florets - 1/2 cup
- Carrot cubes - 1/4 cup
- Chilli sauce - 1 tsp
- White pepper powder -1 pinch
- Water - 3 cups
- Salt to taste
- Corn flour - 2 tsp
- Olive oil - 2 tsp
- Spring onion - 2 tbsp
- Spring onion greens - 1 tsp
- Blanch brocolli and carrot in hot water for 10 minutes or Microwave it for 4 minutes
- Finely chop the garlic pods, spring onion and spring onion greens.
- Heat olive oil and add the chopped garlic. Fry till it is golden brown.
- Add spring onion and saute for a minute on low flame.
- Add the cooked veggies and saute for 2 minutes
- Add 3 cups of water, chilli sauce, salt to taste and bring to boil
- dissolve corn flour in water and add it to the boiling soup and boil for 3 minutes
- Serve hot sprinkling white pepper powder & spring onion greens
PS : If you don't have chilli sauce, you can chop green chillies and add while saute' ing vegetables.