Here pre-monsoon showers have started so it is a sign that mango season is coming to an end. So purchased some raw mangoes as I was craving for some simple pickles.
Instant mango pickle or manga curry - earlier I shared the one without tempering.
Now sharing the other method which uses tempering. This is the one I served you all along with greens gravy the other day :)
It has less shelf life hence after 1st use, store in refrigerator. The facility of instant pickle is that it can be prepared in small quantities at when required, quick & delicious.
- Raw mangoes - 2 Nos.
- Asafoetida powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Oil for tempering
- Mustard seeds
- Cut raw mangoes into small pieces
- Heat oil in a wok, add mustard seeds. After they crackle switch off the stove. remove the wok.
- Add Asafoetida powder, turmeric powder, salt, mix.
- add red chilli powder and mix well
- Add it to the cut raw mangoes
- Toungue tickling instant mango pickle is ready!