Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavanthu!

Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavanthu!

WELCOME :-)

warm WELCOME to my Hobby Lounge.
Just Recline, Relax smiley and Enjoy a "Good Time" @ My Hobby Lounge smiley

SEARCH

July 11, 2011

Thayir Vadai / Dahi Vada / Curd Vada

Prepare 'Medhu Vadai'  and keep it ready.

For 10 vadais



Ingredients :

  1. Thick Curd - 5 tea cups
  2. Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
  3. Chopped Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp
  4. Little oil for tempering
  5. Salt to taste

 Procedure :-

  • Boil water in a kadai and turn off the flame. Put the fried Medhu Vadais into it. 
  • When the vadais become little soft, press them gently with two laddles to squeeze out water without breaking the vadai. 
  • Beat the curd well. 
  • For tempering, Heat little oil, add mustard seeds. when they splutter pour it into the beaten curd and add chopped coriander leaves and salt. 
  • Mix well. 
  • Soak the vadais for some time and serve. Yummy Dahi vadai is ready.

9 comments:

Vardhini said...

I love thayir vada .. I can live on that alone :)

Mira,
For the blueberry cake you can try using 1/2 cup apple sauce instead of eggs. Another thing on my list to try is to use flax seed. (1 tbsp flax + 3 tbsp water = 1 egg)

I have not tried these personally, but will update the post when I try it.

Vardhini

Vardhini said...

Oh and about Quinoa .. I have asked few people in India .. will update you when I get an answer.

Vardhini

nityakalyani said...

Mira - the thair vadas are looking so yummy, had a virtual feast. It is always my special. It can be a meal by itself. ops please post how to make these soft vadas.your help will be appreciated

தக்குடு said...

I hope, next will be Sambar vadai & Rasa vadai....:))

Mahi said...

//I hope, next will be Sambar vadai & Rasa vadai....:)) //ஹீஹீ...தக்குடு மாமி அதெல்லாம் போனவாரமே போஸ்ட் பண்ணிட்டா..நீ கொஞ்சம் லேட்டூ! :)

அங்கருந்த அதே 2 வடை போல இருக்கே? சரி பரவால்ல அட்ஜஸ்ட் பண்ணிக்கிறேன். :)

ஊரிலே வேலைக்குப் போயிட்டிருந்த காலத்தில்,கான்டீன் தயிர்வடை சூப்பரா இருக்கும்.ப்ரேக்டைம்ல கேன்டீன் போவதை நான் மிஸ் பண்ணினதே இல்ல. தயிர்வடை அவ்வளவு புடிக்கும் எனக்கு! :P :P

Vardhini said...

Mira,

They are red skin potatoes. Only the skin is red .. they taste like regular potatoes.

Vardhini
Event: Fast food not Fat food

Mira said...

Thank you Nitya Bhen. I have given the link for making the vadai in this post itself. Giving the url here for you http://my-hobby-lounge.blogspot.com/2011/07/medhu-vadai-medhu-vada.html

Mira said...

Thanks for visiting my Blog Thakkudu. I have not posted rasa vadai or sambar vadai separately. But has mentioned them as a variation. but now you have kindled the craze for them. I think next will be that only. Soaked some ulundu for idli but now you have made me to rethink! ha.ah...a...

Mira said...

This virtual feast is for you Mahi. I too love thayir vadai. our thayir vadai is unbeatable!!

Your Kind Attention Please :-)

Thank you for paying a visit to My Hobby Lounge to view "Mira's Talent Gallery"

If you like My Hobby Lounge you can motivate by "Liking", "Sharing", "Tweeting", "Voting", "Following" "commenting" :-)

To get the latest updations, "subscribe" using your e-mail ID

Use "search" option for things you are looking for in My Talent Gallery.

Cookbook is given in dropdown list form for your convenience. You will find it on the right side column. Wish you a great time :-)